The Pokeberry Quilt

The Pokeberry Quilt

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Be Kind To Elephants

 
Founded in 1977 The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is the most successful
elephant orphan rescue and rehabilitation program in the wild.
Located in East Africa, they have helped saved the lives of orphaned elephants
and rhinos through their Orphan Fostering program.
 
 
 
This is my foster Emoli when he was first found alone..
collapsed from dehydration from the extreme
drought conditions.
 
 
This is Emoli now...
 
 
Watch the amazing video of his rescue...
 

The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust embraces all measures that
compliment the conservation, preservation and protection of wildlife.
These include anti-poaching and safe guarding the natural
environment at a time when elephants
 and other wildlife are threatened on a daily basis.

Visit their website to see more videos and photos
of their amazing work.

http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/


 

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to watch but Nancy I believe this is a wonderful humanitarian effort on behalf of elephants. They are amazing!! Must warm your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share. My heart is heavy, yet lifted with the videos images. The men's kindness and lightness of touch has me near happy tears. Blessings Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those who help animals in need have my deepest respect. Whether it concerns elephants, tigers, the fight against whaling, bull fighting or the rescue of stray dogs etc. I cannot watch an animal suffering, it is beyond me how humans can hurt animals in any way and coming across it on news sites etc affects me deeply. As Ghandi put it:"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" , that is should be a guidance to each individual human being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing, I will check out their website, I love animals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.
I'm not receiving email notifications of comments so I will be responding on my blog.